Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Knobs!

Yep, that exclamation mark in the title is intentional.

I'm excited!

I just got home with some pretty new drawer knobs that I wanted to show you, but that's not the best part. I'll tell you the best part in a minute.

First, let me reacquaint you with the buffet in my dining room. It's going to be my model today.

Here are the buffet's existing knobs.
Nice.
Fine.
Blah.
Just a hammered rubbed bronze finish that kind of blends into the wood.

And here it is with some of my pretty new knobs from Hobby Lobby. Cute, huh?









I got these lovelies when I was in Salt Lake a few weeks ago and my sister-in-law took me to Anthropologie. I'd never been before- can you believe that?! I can. That place is expensive! So I picked up these two little knobs intending to either buy more when I got home or find some other ones that would go well with them.

I really do love them, but I DO NOT LOVE their price. Eeeshck! I knew I'd need 6 for the project I'm going to do, so two was all I could splurge on. Thank goodness I waited!

Because here's the Hobby Lobby price tag. And here's the best part I mentioned- all of their pulls and knobs are 50% off right now!

When the gal rung me up and my handful of knobs came to less than $10, I almost ran back for more. In fact, I think I will be going back. The sale is good through Saturday, and I'm loving the look of my buffet with different pulls on it, so I think I may need to go find it some permanent new ones.

But until then, it's going to hold onto these for me. Now I have to show you their final destination.

You see that dresser? That poor, pretty white one underneath a pile of tables and being crowded on all sides by chairs and other pieces of furniture. That dresser?

It's going to get a HUGE makeover soon.
Here's the plan:
I'm going to paint it THE BLUE, then heavily distress it so that a lot of the existing cream paint and bare wood shows through, then it'll get a good glazing with some dark brown and then all those eclectic knobs will finish her off.

What do you think? Like it? Love it? Hate it? Don't care? I want it in my dining room, probably where the buffet is now so that it'll be a focal point.

One more exciting purchase for today. I bought this in hopes of avoiding death by Rustoleum.

I should have picked up one of these a long time ago.

So do you have a nightstand or dresser or credenza or armoire or entertainment center or buffet or console table or any other piece of furniture that has some tired old knobs or pulls on it? Do you have a Hobby Lobby nearby? GO! For literally just a few bucks you can update your furniture very, VERY quickly and easily.

You can thank me later. :)

1 comment:

Simply Christmas said...

I wish I had a Hobby Lobby...
:(
Looks great! Can't wait to see the dresser! Let me know how the glaze goes...something I have never attempted! :)