Thursday, June 24, 2010

My brother's couch is DONE!

When we got home from our week-long trip, one of the first things I did when I fired up my computer was to download the photos my sister-in-law e-mailed me of their completely finished couch.

The posts detailing this project can be found here and here, but here's a quick run-down: My lovely brother and his lovely wife life in Salt Lake City (about 5 hours from me) and owned a not-so-lovely couch. They wanted to save it and I agreed to help. I spent about 4 1/2 days at their place re-upholstering said couch.

The old seat cushion covers came back home with me and got torn apart and used to make the new ones.

I sewed them up a couple of weeks ago, mailed them back, then all I could do was hope and pray they'd fit the actual cushions and await news.

Here's the result.

Relief!




My trusty assistant, Molly.

And a close-up of the beautiful fabric they chose. Photos don't do it justice because you just have to feel how soft it is!

I have to say, I'm pretty pleased with how the whole thing turned out. Now let's wrap up with a proper "Before and After".

8 comments:

djjdjdjdjd said...

Much better:o) You did an excellent job! I love upholstery! The fabric is beautiful!

Free Art Printables said...

It looks wonderful! What a ton of work!

Anna said...

beautiful work! You have a lot of talent

Amanda said...

Great Job! I love your tufting.

Sarah @ Hennessey House said...

wowsa, you've got mad skills. either that, or you've got one good helper!! ;)
i am truly impressed. i tried a simple couch reupholster project a couple months ago and it was a disaster!

The Fultons said...

That's amazing Sarah! Wow! and I love the fabric they chose!

Ginger@cottageonrosewood said...

Unbelievable. The fabric is gorgeous. All that tufting looks like it could be a challenge. You did a great job.

deb said...

If that doesn't deserve a HUBBA! HUBBA!, well, I don't know what would...