Thursday, March 24, 2011

Miss Mustard Seed feature

I'm so freakin' excited, I'm practically giddy! Minutes ago I plopped down in front of my computer, exhausted but pleased with myself for finishing another HUGE furniture project that has taken me all week. Seriously, I've been working my hiney off and I had just put the finishing touches on it.

I opened up my Google Reader to scope out the blogs that I follow and my number one favoritest blogger, Miss Mustard Seed, had posted her Furniture Feature Friday party.
At the beginning of each party she features a couple of projects that people had linked at the previous week's party that had caught her eye. Well, I'm usually just an admirer and don't often join the party, but last week I did link up with my desk-turned-island project because, I'll be honest, I was totally stoked with how it had come together and was super proud of it.

Long story, short ending-- she featured my island!!! I squealed and clapped and ran to show my husband who indulged my silly excitement with a hug and a chuckle. He just doesn't get it. He doesn't know who Miss Mustard Seed is, but I sure do and I was tickled to death to see my project on her blog.

Okay, enough gushing. Moving on- my island stools arrived this morning! Thanks everyone for your sweet comments about my island project, by the way. I appreciated each and every single one. I wanted to give Abby an extra thank you for her comment. She gave me a link to a set of stools on Overstock.com that she thought I might like, which I purchased immediately.


They were exactly what I wanted and a really good price. Only bummer is I think they're even cheaper now than when I bought them last week. :/ But I LOVE them and am super glad that we can now eat at the new island. Still mulling over the drawer handle dilemma, but I'm in no hurry.

Earlier I alluded to my latest project, and I can hardly wait to show it to you. I gave you a sneak peek with this mysterious photo.
Any guesses? Could it be a chair? You know I have a thing for chairs. A sofa? Maybe a bench or chaise? Or maybe it's something you'd never EVER guess and I'm just trying to throw you off track. Just wait a little longer and I'll show ya. The weather doesn't look like it's going to cooperate any time soon for me to get some good photos, but we'll see what I can come up with. See ya soon!

1 comment:

Raine and Sage said...

No suprises here - you know I'm a fan! That kitchen bench, it's repurposing, colour and finish are all excellent. Again well done! :)x