Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Before and After: Maple Dresser/ Sideboard

This maple dresser started out pretty plain-jane, but sturdy. It was a steal of a deal from Craigslist but it took a while for it to "tell" me what it wanted to be.

In the end we went with a heavily distressed duck-egg paint job with distressed white hardware. (And please forgive the sloppy Photoshopped background, but I figured that was better than showing you all the crap that was surrounding this thing when I took the picture.)



I just love how the top turned out after I sanded it.

Wouldn't this look so cute in a nursery as a changing table?

Seriously, I do love these kinds of dressers. I've lost track of how many have come in and out of my garage now, but this surely won't be the last one!

3 comments:

Larinna @ iheartspandex.com said...

I love this distressed dresser!! Can you show us how you made this distressed marks on the dresser?

Unknown said...

WOULD LOVE TO FEATURE YOUR DRESSER! love the color! Please let me know if this would be ok with you

Majortotosite Top said...

I am grateful for for your information! Take care!